Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Try a Little Harder Craft

Everyone asked for a few directions on the craft we gave out at the enrichment night. Kristanne posted pictures (below) of a few done ones, so I will just add a few tips.
*Use modge podge to glue on the pages and embellishments. It also works for the magnets.
*Once the main papers have dried, you can use fine grain sand paper or a nail file to sand the edges (if you like this look or it seems uneven). I like to do this because it makes up for any imperfections.
*You can use an ink pad to antique the edges of the papers if you want.
*You can glue the letters and other things on with a glue stick or modge podge (I used a glue stick because it was neater.
*Punch the holes for the rings with a hole punch after the papers are glued on and dry
*Attach the magnets to the back with a modge podge. It holds great!
*Put them together with the rings - I tied my ribbon around the rings, but you could put it wherever you wanted.

I attached a picture of the orignal project (only it is sideways because I didn't know how to rotate my picture when I got it over here). Help Kristanne!

2 comments:

Kristanne said...

Mine are sideways too. You have to rotate them in another program first. I was too lazy to do that.

Jil ~ said...

Thanks Kristanne - I wasn't too sure how they were supposed to look.